1960 Mercedes Benz 190 SL
This 1960 Mercedes Benz 190 SL is in a very nice combination of Grey Blue with Red interior.
This example may be one of the finest, unrestored 190 SL’s available on the market today.
One of Mercedes’ most beautiful, classic designs.
· Rare, era-specific, factory correct and mostly original Grey Blue (DB 166) exterior paint (undercarriage sprayed, but body paint is nearly untouched)
· Factory correct red leather interior with beautiful, original dash, door panels and upholstery
· Factory correct red interior carpet (refinished within the last 10 years)
· Tan canvas top
· Matching numbers 1.9L engine, 4-speed
· Original Solex carburators
· Original factory spot-welded front fenders
· Stamped original hood
· Original interior panels and dash
· Unblemished ivory steering wheel
· Straight body with excellent and consistent panel fits and gaps throughout
· Fully functional, original gauges including original Becker Mexico radio, original speaker assembly, original clock and speedometer (serviced by Palo Alto Speedometer)
· Original glass, rubber and color matched hubcaps and beauty rings
· Original and solid undercarriage and trunk
· Original data card, books, manuals and factory toolkit
· Spare tire and tire-changing tools
· Long-time California provenance
This 190SL is mechanically excellent. Recently serviced, including new clutch, flywheel and started. The original, matching numbers engine fires up effortlessly, idles consistently and pulls strongly and smoothly through its original transmissions gears. Compression is excellent across all cylinders and the car’s original Solex carburators have been recently tuned to ensure even acceleration and ample power. The car drives and brakes straight and true.
The Grey Blue finish is still mostly original with some cosmetic refreshing more than two decades ago. Still in very original condition, the minor blemishes tell the history of the car rather than detracting from its considerable appeal, and overall the finish is consistently deep and lustrous.
The car’s interior is also in beautiful condition, the red carpets have been professionally refinished using the factory-correct materials and patterns, and they exhibit only nominal wear. The dash, door panels and seats are original to the car and they maintain a charming patina consistent with the car’s history. The car’s tan canvas soft top is remarkably clean with clear rear window.
A wonderful addition to your collection.
All inspections welcome. We ship worldwide.
Contact us at 831.373.3131 day or evening.