1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 Roadster 'LeMans'
This is a 1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 Roadster 'LeMans'.
Now available for your bidding on Bring A Trailer Auctions. Contact us for any information regarding this process.
On consignment from a local collector is this special Black over Black Leather with Red Piping Austin Healey. Purchased in 2011, this rare BN1 Roadster is fitted with the desirable 'LeMans' kit, which includes the louvered front decklid, cold air box, leather hood strap and the higher performance engine over the factory spec LeMans engine and other features wherein.
Some of the details of the car, provided and performed by current ownership:
· Fresh engine with Westlake aluminum head. Car now has a higher compression, larger valves & ports.
· New larger SU Carburetors
· Lighted flywheel
· New clutch kit
High performance cam, bored, new pistons, rings,
bearings, engine balanced, hi-torque starter, electric fan and new alternator.
· Radiator was ‘Rodded” cleaned and repaired
· Overdrive repaired and works as it should
· Desirable front disc brakes installed
· Master Cylinder rebuilt
· Newly painted wire wheels with spare set of chrome wheels included
· New Blockley “dog bone’ styled tires, to improve handling and better ride
· New windshield installed
· 7” Lucas driving lights fitted
· Wood rim steering wheel
· New leather interior with Wilton wool carpets
· New grey cloth tonneau cover installed, red leather also accommodates the car
New black paint, which looks fantastic
· Electronic ignition installed
· New fuel tank· Top and bumpers are included
The car runs incredibly well under city traffic conditions and out on the open freeway. With a reverse 'dog leg' 3-speed gearbox with overdrive, you can really put your foot into the car and pull away with ease. The stainless steel exhaust system provides a welcomed resonation what matches with the high compression motor noises.
All gauges appear to be working properly along with running lights, head lights, high-beams and fog lamps. Horn and turn signals were also tested with success.
Overall the paint is in excellent condition and the interior is neat and clean all around. Engine bay is also tidy and correct. Wire rims installed are free of curb rash and the tires are in like-new condition. The spare set of chrome wire wheels are brand new in their original boxes. Brightwork, trim and plating all around the car are in excellent condition, including the rear override bumpers, inside door jamb pieces, headlight surrounds and large chrome grill.
This car is also accompanied by its British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificate.
What an opportunity to acquire a car rarely seen at local club and touring events, and even more so in this condition.
All inspections welcome. We ship worldwide.
Contact us at 831.373.3131 day or evening.