This 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster is in Grand Prix White with Tan and has less than 28k miles.
On consignment from a meticulous local
Porsche owner is this stellar 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster. With only 823
examples built for the US, this is the 4th from last constructed by
Presented in Grand Prix
White over Tan leather interior, with matching painted Fuchs rims and its unique
Speedster touches, this car will always be desirable.
Sold new by Brian Harris
Porsche of Baton Rouge, LA on August 25, 1989, this car was reportedly shipped
to the Portland area before being sold to the consignor in Lake Tahoe, CA. The
car then traveled down with the same family to Carmel-By-The-Sea, California where
it currently resides.
This Speedster is accompanied by its original books and tools with a Porsche Classic radio installed and less than 28k miles.
Certificate of Authenticity for WP0EB0911KS173819
- Production date: 07/17/1989
- MSRP: $68,282.00
- Engine Number: 64K06674
- Transmission Number: 1K04123
- Exterior Color: Grand Prix White
- Interior Color: Cashmere Beige – Partial Leather
Per the best information available, there were 823 Speedsters brought into the United States. This car is number 819 which makes it one of the last ones made.
Purchased from Sport Haus in Reno, NV with 12,684 miles in June 2005.
Smog-certified in California in January 2020.
Documentation indicates the following:
• Originally sold in Baton Rouge, LA to Houston, TX in August 1989
• 2nd and possibly 3rd owner in Portland, Oregon starting in 1998
• Prior owner a car collector in Reno, Nevada in 2003
Speedster model changes include:
- Turbo look
- Wide body without front and rear spoilers
- Tires – front 205/55VR16 and rear 245/45VR16
- Brakes – cross drilled discs with cast aluminum calipers
- Larger rear torsion bar and larger front/rear anti-roll bars
- Twin-hump fiberglass tonneau that covered the folded top and precluded rear seats
- Two locking compartments instead of rear seats
- Raked windshield - a unique aluminum framed windshield that was more than 3 inches lower and raked 5 degrees flatter than that of the standard Cabriolet
- Lowered suspension
- Low-slung convertible top
L908 Exterior - Grand Prix White LC Interior - Cashmere Beige/Black C02 US market (note – C03 is California)
M018 Sport steering wheel with elevated hub
M158 Radio Reno
M243 Shorter gear shift lever
M348 Fuchs wheels in white
M380 Series seat, electric vertical adjustment (left/right) M419 Rear luggage compartment instead of seats
M437 Comfort seats (left/right)
M454 Cruise control M533 Alarm System
U.S. Emission ‘Goodrich’ Tires
o Front spoiler added by a prior owner (the original front chin will be included)
o Dansk heat exchanger and dual tail pipe muffler – David Loop European January 2018
o Steve Wong 911 performance chip, Catalytic converter
o Installed Porsche Classic Radio/GPS with new speakers – Porsche of Reno July 2016
o Small indentation on driver side door near window
o Inside driver door frame dent near door restraint swinging bar
o Last minor service September 2019 - David Loop European, Monterey, CA
o Swepco 15/40 o Battery replaced August 2019
o Last major 40K service at 26,524 miles October 2017 - David Loop European - Including brake and clutch systems flush
o Replaced faulty alternator in July 2016 – Bill Pearce Motors (Porsche of Reno)
o Tires Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 – Euro Tech Ltd (Incline Village) September 2014
o Several suspension and underbody components and exhaust system replaced in 2007 after running over a rock – Sport Haus, Reno
A great opportunity to own this real enthusiast car with collector grade quality.
All inspections welcome. We ship worldwide.
Contact us at 831.373.3131 day or evening or at [email protected]