This 1949 Chevrolet 3100 Thriftmaster is finished in what we would describe as sage with silver/brown interior.
General Motors' first major redesign post-WWII, the Advanced Design 3100 series was billed as a bigger, stronger, and sleeker design. During this generation of trucks from 1947-1955, the Chevrolet trucks were #1 in sales.
This truck is powered by a 235 cubic inch inline 6 cylinder engine, 3 speed manual transmission (1st gear is a granny gear) and rear wheel drive. Upgraded to a 12V system.
The truck presents itself in excellent restored condition with attention to detail. The majority of the work was performed by a professional shop locally in 2013.
Interior is completely done, seats finished in leather.
Over $30k in restoration receipts not including the paint and interior work.
Receipts on file for the following:
- Front end redone including new tie rods and tie rod ends.
- Brakes redone including e brake. E brake modified for later rear-end.
- Rear air shock kit installed. Stainless steel exhaust. Firewall insulation installed.
- New fuel tank and fuel system including all lines and pump. Carb redone.
- Electronic ignition and coil installed. Electric choke.
- Complete custom wrapped wiring loom and turn signal system.
- Wiring for solenoid style starter.
- Repair amenity heater fan control.
- Install remote controlled concealed stereo and speaker system.
This is a rare opportunity to aquire a true vintage Chevrolet truck that has been restored and modernized in a way it can be used, or to collect.
All inspections welcome. We ship worldwide.
Contact us at 831.373.3131 day or evening.