1969 Mercedes 280 SL
This 1969 Mercedes 280 SL is in Papyrus White with Blue.
Meant to replace both the 190SL and the illustrious 300SL the 230/250/280 SL line represented Mercedes effort towards building a more usable and practical sports car. Built to Mercedes` usually high standards and employing excellent visibility, the cars were popular and sold well. The cars were continuously developed, with the 280SL being the ultimate version of the car, with its larger more powerful engine and all around disc brakes.
This example is in it’s original and desirable color combination.
The motor we are told was rebuilt prior to the current ownership.
Smooth transmission, a strong motor and strong mechanicals.
The following have been completed within the last three years:
- injection pump rebuild and new injectors. (The engine compartment presents well.)
- Various items have been replaced under the hood, including the windscreen washer reservoir, engine pad, new battery and various mechanical components.
- New brakes, brake lines and calipers. New water pump, alternator and belts.
- Rebuilt radiator and new fuel tank. New tires, all bulbs and new shift bushings.
- New suspension and engine mounts. Front end alignment. New shocks including steering shock and rear load spring. New tie rod ends.
The paint was recently completed and looks as new. The bright Papyrus White shows very well with a nice gloss.
The panels are straight and fit well. The chrome has been been renewed, including the bumpers and headlight trims, and is in excellent order. The lamps and glass are in fine shape, correct Sigla windshield.
The interior is in excellent condition, it has been totally reupholstered. All electrical is in good working order. Original Becker radio refurbished. The frequently deteriorated wood trim has been redone and is excellent in this car. New carpets and dash.
New soft top. The hard top (blue) is included with the sale but will need some finishing.
Major service recently completed.
A solid example with all major work completed, ready to be enjoyed.
All inspections welcome. We ship world wide.
Contact us at 831.373.3131 day or evening.