1965 Shelby Cobra CSX4000
Offered exclusively out of the Monterey Showroom is this authentic Continuation Series 1965 Shelby Cobra CSX4000.
Delivered new to the consignor as a rolling chassis shell to XK's Unlimited in San Luis Obispo, California for the engine build and final assembly, this late 2007/early 2008 production car is still one powerful ride. A single owner vehicle from new with 2028 miles on the car, this car has been completely sorted, never tracked or raced and is road ready.
As iconic as they come, this muscle car was painted in Silver with Black Le Mans stripes and yellow fender stripes, normally designated for race winning Cobras. Paint is still in excellent condition with the main fiberglass Cobra body free of cracks or significant imperfections.
The car is finished in the desirable Semi/Competition format, which was the rarest body style and set of for original CSX cars. Featuring prominent wheel arches to fit wider magnesium wheels and tires, the S/C package also includes an oil cooler, side exhausts, large fuel filler, 42-gallon fuel tank, Tri bar Lucas headlights, Tonneau cover, front jacking points and a roll bar.
Inside the open cabin we find new black leather interior, competition 4-point Simpson harness and correct wood-rimmed (quick release) steering wheel. Carroll Shelby signed sun visor, for that added link to originality. Safe-craft Aluminum fire extinguisher, also mounted.
Under the hood you’ll find that unmistakable Shelby Aluminum 427 c.i. V8 Engine
Specs on the Motor Include:
· 11.1:1 Compression
· Dual 4-barrel Holly Carbs w/ MSD ignition
· JE Pistons, Steel Crankshaft (Solid Roller Camshaft)
· TD Roller Rocker Arms - Carrillo Forged Steel Rods
· Holman Moody Intake and Holman Moody Valve Covers
· Side Oiler w/ Standard Bore
· High Capacity Finned Aluminum Oil Pan
· McCloud Clutch and Aluminum Fly Wheel
· HD Water Pump & Oil Pump
· Roller Timing Chain
· Coolant Recovery Tank
· Fuel Pressure Gauge on Motor
· 1965 style air cleaner housing and a custom set included
The top end of the motor was recently gone thru by Gary Clark of Clarks Auto and Marine in San Jose, CA, and is still in its break in period.
Additional Highlights Include:
· David Keys Ford Top loader 4 speed
· Rack & Pinion Steering
· Shelby Aluminum Differential Cover
· High Capacity 40 Gallon Fuel Tank
· Recently Replaced Foam Baffles
· Shelby GT40 Race Pin Drive Wheels
· Period Correct Goodyear Billboard Street Tires
This car is consigned with a California title, original MSO, black-plate registered to the car with current registration and SB-100 smog exempt status.
A great opportunity to own a closer-to-original Cobra than nearly anything out on the market.
All inspections welcome. We ship worldwide.
Contact us at 831.373.3131 day or evening.