1965 Ford Mustang K-Code
This 1965 Ford Mustang K-Code is in Tropical Turquoise with White.
“…those who will settle for nothing less than top performance…” - FOMOCO
The K-Code Mustang was a special-edition Mustang made between 1965 and 1967 that came from the factory with a special 289 high-performance cubic-inch engine beneath its hood.
K-Code cars featured a special badge on the front fenders that recognized their higher output V8 engine and performance characteristics. Air conditioning and power steering were not available, and the car was only offered with a 4-speed manual in 1965. The “K” represents the engine code found on the VIN number of these cars.
Buyers of the GT Equipment Package on their Mustangs could add the K-code option to their new ride for an extra $276 back in 1965.
Our Subject Car
Dressed in its original color combination of Tropical Turquoise (RM1737) paint over Ivory Gold & White luxury (68) leather interior, this completely sorted 1965 Mustang K-Code Convertible is the real deal with every factory stamp checked and accounted for.
Complete with all original matching numbers components and VINS on both engine block and tranny case including ID tags. The whole power train has been professionally rebuilt with detailed pics showing all original components.
The car was built on Sept. 16th, 1964 and rolled off the assembly line painted in its current color of Tropical Turquoise. The car retains its complete factory original white interior in stunning great shape. The body is completely rust free and all four frame rails dead straight.
Every option and accessory works while retaining the factory wiring harnesses. The factory original AM radio and speakers work perfectly, and the power top is a pleasure to use for quick opening or closings. Interior is all original except the front seats and carpet but are replaced with OEM components.
· Original factory engine HiPo ID tag reading, 289 65 Ford 4J 563
· ‘65 C5OE heads with cast dates of #21 4H3 and #20 4H3
· Factory HiPo VE camshaft dated H29 with HP1 stamped on end
· 6015-E block with HiPo Main Caps bored .020, casting date 4J8, Short block assembly date 4J11, block assembly date 4J11B
· HiPo crankshaft .010/ .010, Brinel stamp and marks with factory counterweight and timing chain sprocket.
· Factory original HiPo connecting rods C3AE-D 3/8 rod bolts
· Timing cover C4AE-6059B March 64
· Intake manifold 4V C50E-9425-A dated 4H21
· Carb autolight 4100 stamped C40F AL
· Non-Vacuum dual point distributor C50F 121127 E dated 4J7
· Alt 4Z, pulley C5AF10A252-H
· Fuel pump service replacement H9 38319/ 02208 carter
· Original factory HiPo engine mounts
· Correct HiPo cast iron manifolds
· Bell Housing, C50A-6994-A
· Factory Front Sway Ba, 13/16 diameter
· 4-speed close ratio top loader ID Tag HEH-T, body C5AR-7006 DM 4G7, ail C4DR 7A04 0A J84
· Flywheel C30E-6380B dated 3G28 with Brinel test mark
· Rear leaf springs C4ZA 5556 S 246E4 both have same markings
· Factory 9" with original 3:50 gears 28 spline open carrier. Center date 4J5
· Close ratio manual steering box HCC AX 4H24B
· Factory original Elsey Hays disk brakes with original master and proportioning valve.
· Front bumper dated 64M
· Factory original white interior with seat belts date codes of H-1-64
· Magnum 500 wheels
· Four-wheel drum brakes
Currently owned by a very enthusiastic Ford caretaker, whom has dedicated countless hours into preserving and maintaining this wonderful example.
Found living in Pebble Beach, California, the K-Code had a proper repaint in the correct color, and a lot of personal attention.
Always garaged in a secure airport security hangar, this K-Code is a California dream, ready to go anywhere in the world.
All inspections welcome. We ship worldwide.
Contact us at 831.373.3131 day or evening.